Tweets are good for lots of stuff – announcements, conversations, promotions, deals… AND dinner party invites!
Based off a reply tweet reply I sent during Social Media Week LA back in September, I was forever ingrained in the brain of @chhchh. Here’s my reply to her shout-out tweet about O.N.E Coconut Water’s sponsorship at SMWLA. Crystal (pictured above with Michael and I) remembered the awesome foodie-social-media chick she met, and reached out via email to invite me to a Foods From Chile #NowInSeason Launch Event in Los Angeles!
Fast forward to last week, Nov. 15th – With recipes from The Hungry Goddess, cooking and hosting done by Crystal Heller of Happy To Eat, ingredients from Foods From Chile and sponsorship from Whole Foods Market, the Los Angeles #NowInSeason dinner party was packed with knowledge, good people, yum foods and gift bags in the end!
Some of the Dishes We Sampled
View all my photos on Flickr.
Biggest Educational Takeaways of the Night
- Chile’s climate is just like the United States, but on an opposite schedule. A lot of the produce we get this time of year comes from Chile, including avocados, blueberries, clementines and more.
- The carbon footprint is low because the goods are shipped in boats in large loads.
- We watched a video from Salmon From Chile showcasing how the salmon are bred and processed.
- Tasted the fabulously awesome goodness of Chilean wine, as well as Chilean olive oil! Mmmmm.
- We tasted the amazingly unique Chilean smoky spice, Merkén.
Our Awesome Los Angeles #NowInSeason Group
Me, Crystal, Michael and Kristin of The Cuisinerd
Group weighs in on the Chilean Avocado Soup.
Learning about foods from Chile.
Michael eats. Michael sleeps. Salmon Coma!
After dinner. Just chilling and getting to know each other before Cherry Berry Crisp!
Closing out the night with a little ‘Guess Your Neighbor Game.’
Seriously couldn’t have asked for a better group of people or more yummy of food. Big thanks to all parties involved, and especially to Crystal for inviting us and for all the hard work she did to prep, cook and host the Los Angeles event. Super shout-out to ladies of The Hungry Goddess for being goddesses of the kitchen. Thank you for your yummy recipes! Thank you to Foods From Chile for your amazing products. Thank you to Whole Foods Market for making the #NowInSeason Launch Parties happen.
I’m looking forward to making awesome meals with the goodies in my goodie bag: merkén, olive oil, blueberry juice, mussels, onion-merlot jam and more. Hoping to hang out with these awesome LA locals again soon! Thanks, Foods From Chile, The Hungry Goddess, Whole Foods Market and Crystal Heller. You rock!
Eye-Candy of all the ‘Foods From Chile’ Launch Events
NYC, LA, Miami, Chicago, Washington D.C.: foodsfromchile.org/launchevents
Where to Find The Hosts, Sponsors & Recipe Makers
Foods From Chile:
- Website – foodsfromchile.org
- Facebook – /FoodsFromChile
- Twitter – @FoodsFromChile
- Pinterest – /FoodsFromChile
The Hungry Goddess:
- Website – thehungrygoddess.com
- Facebook – /TheHungryGoddess
- Twitter – @hungrygoddess
- Pinterest – /hungrygoddess
Whole Food Market:
- Website – wholefoodsmarket.com
- Facebook – /wholefoods
- Twitter – @wholefoods
- Pinterest – /wholefoods
Happy To Eat (AKA Crystal Heller):
- Website – happytoeat.jux.com
- Facebook – Crystal Heller
- Twitter – @chhchh
- Pinterest – /happytoeat
Special shout-outs to two awesome foodie attendees:
View all my photos on Flickr.