Thinking on it for a few minutes, here’s how I answered the question:
Social Media Expert =
- Understands the various platforms
- Creates ideal strategy to drive results
- Creates plans and goals
- Looks at key factors such as demographics and social profiles of the community
- Measures results and adjusts the plan accordingly
- Up-to-date on best practices AND tapped into best practices for their specific industries
- Understands the importance of Community Management in regards to conversation, knowledge and customer service
- Knows best practices for optimal awareness and engagement
- Considers the needs of the project at hand and doesn’t use cookie cutter formulas
- Doesn’t just utilize current strategies, he/she creates them
NOTE – There are various roles in Social Media. Someone can be an expert in Community Management, but not in Analytics. So in thinking about the word “Expert” it’s all relative. Social Media Expert in general would be a working knowledge and passion for social media. Yet, each person in social media has defined strengths and weaknesses.
– – – – –
COMMENT below how you would answer the question:
What makes someone a social media expert?
SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING & MANAGEMENT: I’m available for one on one social media consulting, as well as ongoing daily social media management. Whether you want someone to get you started in the digital space, or you just need a some help along the way, I’d love to work with you. Please take a look at my Social Media Consulting & Management packages.